YES, WE DID IT!
DAVIDSON is pleased to announce that it earned B Corp certification at its first attempt.
After taking part in the Great Place To Work France & Europe (GPTW) ranking for seven years, we opted not to re-apply. Looking back, GPTW was an excellent catalyst which enabled us to put in place numerous initiatives designed to improve our quality of life at work. After concentrating on our well-being, we wanted to focus on a subject of more general interest. We set ourselves a new challenge: to become the first French company (with +2,000 employees) and the only technology and management consultancy to become a B Corp!
B Corp certification is managed by an NGO called B Lab. To be awarded it, you have to achieve the minimum score of 80 points by answering a set of 200 questions covering the company’s social, environmental and societal performance, but also its commitment to transparency and accountability.
For several months we were assessed against the following criteria: the well-being of our staff, our environmental impact, our governance, and our collective commitment. (We were awarded no points for the “Customers” criterion because we do not market a finished product.)
Explore the first actions we have taken:
We have stepped up our involvement with charities:
- Fighting for gender equality: we support Fondation Des Femmes with a financial contribution (collection of donations), by taking part in various events (e.g.: La Nuit des Relais) and by offering skills sponsorship (we are harnessing our creative and digital knowledge to develop a mobile app for Collectif Féministe Contre le Viol). https://fondationdesfemmes.org/
- By helping a disadvantaged population: following the results of the personal interest competition, we will be taking action in Kasai (in the Democratic Republic of the Congo) with Action Against Hunger in aid of a population suffering from a devastating humanitarian crisis and famine. https://www.actionagainsthunger.org.uk/
- By trying to restore equality of opportunity: working with Article 1, we will work on an individual level to support talented young students from modest backgrounds, from the time they leave high school through to their achievement of a Masters-level qualification. https://article-1.eu/
- By contributing to the “clean-up” of the planet: we are supporting 4OCEAN, which combats the pollution of the oceans by organising clean-up operations entirely funded by the sale of bracelets made from recycled materials. https://4ocean.com/
Reducing our environmental footprint:
- We are refurbishing our future head office to meet BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) standards. https://www.breeam.com/
- We are redefining our procurement policy in line with B Corp criteria.
- We are moving towards meeting 100% of our power needs with green energy.
For us, earning this certification is step one in a long-term corporate project, because we are determined to make progress in the areas of “communities”, “governance” and “the environment”. This recognition by Davidson of its purpose is in keeping with the forthcoming “Loi Pacte” (https://www.pacte-entreprises.gouv.fr/), a French government bill which seeks to encourage companies to make their social and environmental roles part of their corporate mission.
DAVIDSON CONSULTING scored 85.1 points in its B Corp certification. More details on the B Corp website: https://bcorporation.net/directory/davidson-consulting-franceswitzerland